WiFi range extenders are amazing devices. You can enjoy decent signals in any room you want, whether you are sitting in the basement or working in the kitchen. All you need to do is install a range extender between the area where your router is kept and the area that is not receiving its WiFi network. That’s it! And you can enjoy the internet without any hindrance.
In case you don’t know much about Netgear WiFi extenders, these are wireless devices that retransmit the WiFi network they receive from the router. In this way, the range of the network gets extended and more areas of a house or office start receiving the WiFi signals.
The area which was previously not having any network bar begins having full bars. They are very helpful devices for YouTubers because they can access the web from anywhere. Netgear offers highly developed extender models with so many features such as dual-band support, WPS push, Access Point Mode, and FastLane technology. The key is to choosing the perfect unit to suit your needs.
The most popular feature of new Netgear WiFi extender setup is that performing one is very easy. In this tutorial, we have provided 2 ways to do this.
- Manual Method
For the models that don’t have any Ethernet port, follow the steps provided below:
- On your computer, open an internet browser
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL field and press Enter
- Provide the default login credentials which are “username” and “password”
- Hit New Extender Setup
- Choose the router or main access with which you wish to establish a connection
Once the process is complete, your WiFi range extender is ready to use.
For the devices that don’t feature an Ethernet cable:
- Place the device on an elevated position and plug it in a power outlet
- When it turns on, attach an Ethernet cable to it and the other end of the cable to a computer
- Go to mywifiext.net
- Log in to the device
- Click on Wireless Settings
- Type the password that you are using for your router
You can connect any WiFi enabled device with the extender. If you want assistance with the setup process or face problems, you can access https://mywifiext-net.support and ask professionals for reliable guidance.
- WPS Method
WPS technology makes it easy for multiple devices to connect with a network with only one button. Netgear lets you set up encryptions to secure the network.
Here’s how you can install a Netgear range extender with the WPS Push technology:
- Bring the extender to the same room where you have placed the router
- Plug the extender into a power socket and power the device on
- Connect the device with a computer
- Open a web browser on a PC
- Access mywifiext net and click on New Extender Setup
- Choose a router and hit Continue
- Log in to the device
- Follow the process as shown on the screen
Your network connection is established with your WiFi range extender. In case you have stuck anywhere, you can consult professionals online.